FIA WEC: Worldwide TV Schedule Released

The TV schedule for the opening round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, 12 Hours of Sebring in Florida has been released with live coverage or highlights being shown in Europe, Asia, North and North America.

In addition the whole race will be streamed live from start to finish on the official website at to all parts of the world with the exception of North America.

“This is a correct schedule for the first event of the FIA World Endurance Championship but this just the start of a long term plan to secure the best worldwide coverage for the FIA WEC,” said Gerard Neveu, CEO of the WEC. “We have engaged the services of IMG Media, the world’s largest independent distributor of sports programming, and IMG are working hard on securing TV deals on important channels in our key target markets. This will take time but we will build a strong base on which to build the future distribution of the most exciting form of motorsport in the world today.”

France – Motors TV – Live on Saturday, March 17 from 3:15pm-8:00pm CET and 10:30pm-3:45am CET
France – Eurosport – 00:15 – 03:30 LIVE and 00:30 – 01:30 52′ Delayed on Thursday 20th March
Europe – Eurosport – 01:00 – 03:30 LIVE and 00:30 – 01:30 52′ Delayed on Thursday 20th March
Austria – ORF – 52′
Belgium – RTBF – News
Belgium – Exqi Sport – 52′
Czech Rep/Slovakia – Sport 5 – 52′

Asia (13 territories) – Eurosport – Live / Delayed 52′

Mideast – Fox Mideast – highlight
Sub Saharian Africa (47 territories) – Supersport – 52′

USA – Speed – 52′
USA – ESPN 2 – re-air of ABC show on Tuesday, March 20
USA – ABC – Delayed 2 hour show on Sunday, March 18
CANADA – Rogers Sportsnet – 2 hour show (ABC version)

Latin America (43 countries) – Fox/Speed – Live & 52′

worldwide – ESPN 3 – Live
worldwide – ESPN international – 1 hour highlight show
worldwide – – Live – not in the USA
worldwide – / – Live – not in the USA

13 thoughts on “FIA WEC: Worldwide TV Schedule Released”

1. William Mound says:

Lets hope the races are also archived. Its hard to catch an endurance race live in its entirety and I personally love being able to watch them with proper commentary and professional editing at my leisure.

2. matt eeeee says:

aww wheres australia :(

3. fan says:

I thought SPEED was busy with reality tv shows. Why not have the NBC Sports Network cover the FIA WEC?

4. deks says:

ESPN3 offers the stream for 2.99 EUR (Sebring only) or 6.99 for entire ALMS season – archives included. Bargain if you ask me.

5. SimonC says:

Don’t worry matt, according to the article you can get it from the web-site.

6. TomE says:

Speed IS too busy w/ game shows and the like to bother w/ coverage of an actual international race. I agree w/ William above. Over here in the lesser developed USA we used to be able to record, then watch over the next two or so days. Last year ESPN3 was a sick joke (I never did see the last two hours of the race) and I expect this year to be about the same. The ABC abbreviated “coverage” tends to be about anything but the actual race itself. It’s a sad state of affairs, to be sure.

7. Sam123 says:

Gues ill be streaming the race all the way from belgium. :)
    As no belgian broadcast channel is broadcasting it live for 12 hours.

8. JAG says:

I take it Speeds coverage is WEC specific, they’ll have highlights of each round, while the ESPN/ABC coverage is specific to the ALMS.

If that’s the case I’d expect the WEC sites coverage to be available in the USA after Sebring, it’s not available for Sebring due to the ESPN3 deal.

9. KKLemmo says:

I used ESPN3 on XBox to watch the ALMS races all last year and had great results! Hopefully the WEC races will be added as well.

10. SchellZ says:

I really hope the races are archived. Sebring will be, and thats how I’ll be watching it, no point getting up (or should I say staying up until) 1:30 AM for a laggy broadcast. PLEASE ACO, archive thne other races so I can watch them when its convinient, and without all the lag!!! Either that, or work out a tv deal in Australia.

11. midnightracerx says:

How do u find it on the Xbox I can’t find out who is broadcasting spa this week. I was avle to go to race weekend in sebring so I never thought about it but now round two is on the other side of the world

12. JAG says:

On Xbox (in the US) it’s on ESPN, should also be able to see the official FIA WEC stream via Dailymotion.

13. JAG says:

Sorry Xbox is for ALMS, FIA WEC is Dailymotion and from the official ACO site. Race is also being broadcast in it’s entirety on Motors TV so there’ll be unofficial streams out there. Looks like Audi TV is also showing the race, including daily re-caps.

Comments are closed.